General Program Information
Warren Woods Adult & Community Education provides individuals the opportunity to take classes toward earning a high school diploma.
- School Year [Sept - June] Enrollment: You must be 18 years or older on September 1, 2023.
- Summer [July - August] Enrollment: You must be 18 years or older on July 1, 2023.
Residence Requirements You must live in Macomb County.
Cost $30 per academic year. An academic year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Registration Information You must complete all registration steps before you start classes. To register, you will need the following items:
- birth certificate, passport, permanent residence card, or equivalent
- photo ID such as driver license or state ID showing residency in Macomb County; photo ID accompanied by other proof of residency will also be accepted
- immunization records, if age 18
- official transcripts from most recent high school [transcripts from all high schools preferred]
- $30 registration fee [good for entire academic year from July 1 to June 30]
You must take the TABE assessment before you can start of classes.
Schedule of Classes and Hours
- Students work at their own pace with as-needed assistance from a teacher who is highly qualified in that subject.
- Students may choose day or evening classes to best suit their work and family schedule. Each subject during the school year meets one day per week. Summer classes are only offered once per subject per week.
- School year classes are offered in the morning [8:30 AM to 12:30 PM] Monday through Friday and evening [5:45 PM to 9:45 PM] Monday through Thursday.
Child Care Childcare services are offered to morning students for a fee through the Warren Woods Daycare program.
WWACE follows 2 sets of graduation requirements, depending on the year the student entered 9th grade. Both sets of graduation requirements are based upon the Michigan Merit Curriculum guidelines.
All students must complete at least 2 credits from WWACE in addition to meeting graduation course requirements to earn a diploma.