Warren Woods Adult & Community Education provides Credit Recovery during the regular school year to high school students currently enrolled in a Macomb County high school.
Age Requirement Students must be 16 years or older as of September 1 of the current school year.
Home School Requirement Students must have a letter from the counselor or principal of the home school indicating the course or courses for which the student may enroll.
Classes Available for Credit Recovery
- English Language Arts: English 9-1 and 9-2, English 10-1 and 10-2, English 11-1 and 11-2, English 12-1 and 12-2
- Health/PE: Health 1 and 2
- Mathematics: Algebra I-1 and I-2, Algebra II-1 and II-2, Consumer Math 1 and 2, Extended Algebra II (4 semesters), Geometry 1 and 2
- Science: Biology 1 and 2, Earth Science 1 and 2, Introduction to Physics 1 and 2
- Social Studies: American History 1 and 2, Economics, Government/Civics, World History 1 and 2
- Electives: Native American History, Psychology, Sociology, Street Law
Cost Tuition for each class is $150 for in-district students. Discounts are available to in-district students who receive free or reduced lunch. [See registration forms for more details including tuition for out-of-district students.] An additional registration fee of $30 applies for each semester of enrollment for all students regardless of lunch program status. Cash and checks are accepted in the WWACE office. Checks, debit cards, and credit cards are accepted online through Payschools. Payment must be made in full prior to attendance in the class.
Registration Students or parents should bring in the following items during office hours:
- Completed registration form
- Letter from counselor or principal of home school
- Tuition and fees in full
School Year Schedule Classes are offered in the evening from 6 PM to 10 PM. The dates of classes depend on the "rotation" for which a student is registered. A detailed schedule of classes is in the registration forms packet. The rotation options are presented to help students work around extracurricular activity schedules or unexpected circumstances.
- Rotation 1: Early September to late January. [Traditional Fall Semester dates]
- Rotation 2: Early November to late March.
- Rotation 3: Late January to mid-June. [Traditional Winter Semester dates]