Credit Recovery Information for 2020-21 Academic Year
Warren Woods Adult & Community Education provides Credit Recovery during the regular school year to high school students currently enrolled in a Macomb County high school.
Age Requirement Students must be 16 years or older as of September 1 of the current school year.
Home School Requirement Students must have a letter from the counselor or principal of the home school indicating the course or courses for which the student may enroll. Counselors in Warren Woods Public Schools will submit this letter electronically during the 2020-21 academic year.
Classes Available for Credit Recovery
- English Language Arts: English 9-1 and 9-2, English 10-1 and 10-2, English 11-1 and 11-2, English 12-1 and 12-2
- Health/PE: Health 1 and 2
- Mathematics: Algebra I-1 and I-2, Algebra II-1 and II-2, Consumer Math 1 and 2, Extended Algebra II (4 semesters), Geometry 1 and 2
- Science: Biology 1 and 2, Earth Science 1 and 2, Introduction to Physics 1 and 2
- Social Studies: American History 1 and 2, Economics, Government/Civics, World History 1 and 2
- Electives: Native American History, Psychology, Sociology, Street Law
Registration fee per rotation - for all students: $30
Tuition per class - full lunch, in district: $150
Tuition per class - reduced lunch, in-district: $75
Tuition per class - free lunch, in-district: $0
Payment must be made in full prior to attendance in the class. Checks, debit cards, and credit cards are accepted online through Payschools. At this time, payment is not accepted in the WWACE office.
Registration Students or parents should complete the following registration form in its entirety:
Credit Recovery 20-21 Registration Form CLICK HERE (This link will take you to a secure registration form at SurveyMonkey.com.)
School Year Schedule Classes are offered in the evening from 5:45 PM to 9:45 PM. WWACE follows the holiday closures of Warren Woods Public Schools; night classes will be held on half days. The dates of classes depend on the "rotation" for which a student is registered. A detailed schedule of classes is available by clicking here. The rotation options are offered to help students work around extracurricular activity schedules or unexpected circumstances.
Due to the Remote Start period, Rotation 1 classes in 2020-21 will only be offered online.Teachers will be available for assistance via Zoom office hours. Links to Zoom sessions will be emailed once registration has been completed.
- Rotation 1: September 8 - January 21, 2021 online classes only
- Rotation 2: November 9 - April 1, 2021
- Rotation 3: January 25, 2021 - June 15, 2021