SURVEY ABOUT 2020-21 ESL CLASSES
Summer 2020 Classes & Registration
- All classes will be online with direct instruction via Zoom and online instruction on Burlington English.
- Teachers will also be available for office hours to assist students with online instruction
- Classes run July 6 - August 28
- School Year Classes will begin on September 7
- Student Instruction hours:
- AM students - 4 hours Zoom instruction (Tues / Weds) and 2+ hours Burlington instruction
- PM students - 2 hours Zoom instruction (Weds) and 1+ hours Burlington instruction
- Students must be over 18 as of September 1, 2019 and reside in Macomb County.
- Complete online registration form: Summer 2020 Online Registration (NOTE: Registration form is NOT COMPLETE until you click "Submit Registration" at end of registration pages)
- Meet with a counselor or administrator on Zoom. A link can be found in the online registration form. Click the appropriate link (new or returning student) to schedule this appointment to discuss testing and classes, to take a brief oral assessment, and to ask any questions you may have. To enter this meeting at the appointment time selected, click on the link in the confirmation email or text that you will receive when you set up the appointment.
- Take a CASAS remotely. Testing is required for all students prior to classes. The test will be scheduled during the registration appointment on Zoom.
- Pay a registration fee of $30. (Returning students who had attendance in March, April, or May 2020 will have their registration fee waived for 2020-21.)
Enrolled students will receive their Burlington login and teacher Zoom hours and meeting room codes by email after registration is complete.
The Warren Woods English As A Second Language (ESL) program teaches English language learners how to read, write, speak, and listen. Conversational skills are practiced, as well as basic computer instruction and citizenship. Students of all languages are welcome.
Classes are open to students who meet the following criteria:
- age 18 or older as of September 1, 2019,
- not currently enrolled in a K12 school, and
- resident of Macomb County.
We offer small class sizes with day or evening classes available. Day classes meet 4 times per week (M, T, W, Th) from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. Evening classes meet 2 times per week (T & Th) from 6:00 PM-9:00 PM. Summer classes meet only in the AM from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Students are provided with all materials needed for the class.
Classes meet at Warren Woods Adult & Community Education, 12900 Frazho Road, Warren, MI, 48089.
2020-21 CLASS SCHEDULE
Summer Classes - July 6 - August 28
School Year Classes - September 14 or 15 - June 8
We begin new students on a quarterly basis. If a student does not register before the test dates that precede each start date, the student must wait until the next quarter to begin classes.
To register, please bring:
- Passport, naturalization certificate, permanent resident card, or other birth certificate equivalent
- Driver license, state ID, or proof of residency in Macomb County
- $30 non-refundable registration fee for 2019-2020 academic year
Also, you may sign up for text message updates on registration by clicking this link: Remind Registration
All students must take a CASAS placement test in both reading and listening before attending classes. Students will schedule their CASAS exam at registration. Students should allow 2 - 2 1/2 hours for an exam. Please be on time. Do NOT bring children to your testing appointment.
If weather is severe and school is closed on a registration or testing day, please check back to this website for makeup registration and testing times.