Voter Registration Information
Find out if you are registered to vote at the Michigan Voter Information Center.
If you are not registered, learn how at How to Register to Vote in Michigan. You must be registered by October 10, 2017 to participate in the November 7 election.
To register to vote, you must be all of the following:
- A U.S.. citizen
- At least 18 years old by November 7, 2017
- A resident of Michigan
- A resident of the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.
You can apply to vote at all these locations:
Can I vote by absentee ballot?
Registered voters can vote by absentee ballot if they meet one of the following:
- They expect to be out of town on Election Day;
- They are 60 years of age or older;
- They are unable to vote without assistance at the polls; or,
- They cannot attend the polls due to religious reasons.
For the November 7, 2017 election, absentee ballots will be available to voters after September 23. A that time, voters can complete their absentee ballot application and vote in one stop at their Clerk's Office. The whole process takes less than five minutes